Tuesday, June 26, 2007

cha CHING! life on the rock...

dag, this place is expensive! not a day goes by that these words don't enter my head. but i also never miss a day realising how blessed i am to have been born here - cuz i sure as sh!t couldn't afford to visit!!!!

for example: on any given day a one bedroom apt is listed at 2grand. if you find a 1500 dollar one, you grab it up and consider yourself lucky. it's more likely that you MAY find a 1500 dollar STUDIO. and i know for a fact that some of these young moms are taking home 300 a WEEK working in retail (for example)!! you do the math. where are they living???!! at home with mom...

well, i live at home too - but that's becuz i LUV my momma :-))

actually, it's quite common for families to stay together in some form or the other - and that's only if you're lucky. if you don't have that familial structure, you will likely find yourself working from paycheck to paycheck with an underlying sense of hopelessness. i see this too often. particularly when there are kids involved and weekend trips to the east coast are replaced by childcare fees. (New York: i'll be back!!)

don't get me wrong: i LOVE this island!

5 comments:

Veroncia Butler said...

Thanks for stopping by G!

I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Bermuda sounds beautiful!

Veroncia Butler said...

I forgot. I live with my mom too, and it's because we like it like that...LOL

Brown English Muffin said...

heavens no that is not THE pool this is a pool at her godparents house!!! LOL

Jada said...

Wow thats a lot of money!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a blessing to be able to live with a parent...thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I really appreciated your wonderful comment. I'll have to get that book you recommend: "Chained to the Rock." It sounds like a great book!